Tuesday, February 24, 2009

M. Ward with The Vivian Girls at Sixth & I Synagogue


Over this weekend, I went to DC's Sixth & I Synagogue to see M. Ward. It was my first time at this venue- beautiful inside with great acoustics.
The Vivian Girls from Brooklyn opened up. I loved their enthusiasm on stage, and their sound reminded me of The Shaggs meets post-punk.
This was my second time seeing M. Ward play and, as before, he was great. He started onstage solo with an acoustic guitar. The ladies in the audience swooned.
A few songs in he brought out the full band, and the show was spectacular. I was blown away by his guitar playing on a John Fahey cover. I also loved his cover of Daniel Johnston's "The Story of an Artist".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...