Monday, February 7, 2011

Cosplayer Monique Dimanlig: A Unique Geisha, Cosplay and Anime Geek

Cosplayer Monique Dimanlig: Art at the Shang
Cosplayer Monique Dimanlig: Art at the Shang

Cosplayer Monique Dimanlig already cosplayed unique characters like Geiko/Maiko, Fujitsubo-hime and Yukari no Onna. But the one that really caught my eyes was when she cosplayed Sorceress Edea. It's like wow! A big WOW! I've never seen so detailed cosplay of a Final Fantasy villain. Some cosplay are just plain school girl or not that detailed and uncharacteristic. Cosplaying a Sorceress from once rewarded "Game of the Year" is so cool. FYI, Cosplayer Monique Dimanlig was already featured here. This is her second time around here at Cosplayer Studio.

1. What are your current cosplay gigs and what are you gonna cosplay?

I don’t really have any “gigs” to speak of… I just attend what I can. I will most likely continue my geiko cosplay, with new kimono.

2. What are your previous cosplayed characters?

I’ve cosplayed Geiko/Maiko, Fujitsubo-hime, Yukari no Onna, and Sorceress Edea.

3. Full name, Birth date, Location?

Monique Dimanlig
Sept. 30
Pasig City

4. Have you joined any cosplay contest? event? What are those?

I’ve joined several over the span of two years… I try to mount the walk when I can—but not often, because of the rules restricting non-canon characters.

5. Are you having cosplay partners or friends that are always with you whenever you cosplay?

I don’t have regular partners. I run into all sorts of people in the convention, some more than others, so I hang out with them and we all enjoy ourselves.

Cosplayer Monique Dimanlig: Just like a real Japanese Geisha
Cosplayer Monique Dimanlig: Just like a real Japanese Geisha

6. Were you featured before on TV, Magazine, etc? or endorsed product and service?

Yes, I was in Full Time Moms’ cosplay segment, PO5, the TV5 grand relaunch. And I was also featured in Otacool 2, CosplayGen Magazine’s second issue and Code Red Magazine. I also appeared (just a photo) in Game! Magazine.

I'm now a certified fan of Monique Dimanlig and I regularly check her pages, continue supporting her updates! :D

Cosplayer Monique Dimanlig's Accounts:
Fan page in Facebook
Deviantart
Twitter
Tumblr

Cosplayer Monique Dimanlig on her very detailed character

0 comments:

Post a Comment

link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...